Thursday, April 30, 2009

Half Way point!

The vida retreat was great! I was able to follow along with the speakers and the worksheets we had. We received two different phamplets to use while sharing your faith. One with the four spiritual laws and one with the different types of christians (lukewarm, smoking hot!, and non believer). I also got to spend quality time with all of my new friends which was great. And I got to meet the staff and students from la plata another province of buenos aires. This retreat was one of a series and the next one will be held in la plata so i hope i can go!

Other than that I have been strapped down with homework and studying. This is the last day of midterms and my life has been stressful. For my theater class (which is tonight) I had to write a 6-7 page paper in spanish about any topic we wanted that related with what we have done in class. Sounds easy but it was NOT. The directions were unclear and I struggled. I finally just wrote something and I hope its ok. My teacher also grades on grammar in our THEATER class and I got a B-/C+ on the last paper I wrote and that was probably better than this one. haha. But my host mom edited this one with me so I'm hoping that I get a better grade bc the last one was all for grammer. LAME. My two tests werent too bad though. Spanish was decent and human rights was cake. :)

And along with stress from school my right back wisdom tooth has decided to act up. Basically for this past week I have had a puffy check, extreme pain in my tooth, and I'd bite my mouth when I talked, laughed, or ate. So that has been great. On monday night an "emergency" dentist came to my house at like 3 in the morning to look at my tooth. I know I sound like a baby but it HURT. It was painful to just swallow. So he gave me a perscription for antibiotics and toldme to see a dentist. I was going to wait till I got back from my vacation (i'm leaving to travel TONIGHT for 10 days!) but I was able to get an appt for this morning. The dentist told me I should probably get my tooth pulled. He did something to my mouth to help it hurt less while I am gone and said to come back after my vacation. While this may sound horrible it might actually be great. It only costs like $50 AND I'll get to miss class to watch tv. I think I'm a winner here. :)

On a more positive note I AM THE NEW CORRESPONDING SECRETARY FOR THE DORIAN SORORITY OF HOPE COLLEGE! yay. I'm super excited. That means I am on the executive board with the pres, vice pres, other secretary, and treasurer. I had to give my speech over skype to the girls in their meeting and it was great to see them all!

I also interviewed to be a tour guide for admissions next semester. I dont know if i got it yet but I really hope I do! I think it would be such a fun job!

So yeah, tonight I have to go to my theater class and then I leave for Chile at 8:30. I'll be in Valparaiso for a couple days, Santiago for one, and then going to Bariloche (which is in Argentina) for some adventure tourism (more canopying, rafting, paragliding????, and more!). I'll let you know how it goes when I get back in 10 days!

~Lizzie

1 comment: